Friday, November 27, 2009

Hacksaw Win.

I'm having Thanksgiving at my friend Sarah's house today. This morning we went to Wal-Mart so she could get a good deal on a Cricut. I went as back up and threw some elbows around. It was fun, mostly because I was delirous from lack of sleep.

After our nap, Sarah decides she wants to put the turkey (we named him Chuck) in the oven. Problem: we can't get the legs out of the metal clamp thingy. We pushed, we pulled, we memorized the directions (and tried to follow them), but were very unsuccessful. Finally Sarah, in all her creativity, pulled out a small hacksaw. Thats right. I kept Chuck from squirming and Sarah sawed away. Little bits of the metal dropped on to Chuck, but she washed it off. I've just made a mental note to stay away from that half of the turkey.

Maybe next year, we can retire the hacksaw. Or just buy the turkey pre-made.

No comments: